Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wow. Freaky.

There are a lot of people working here and I truly don't expect to get to know everyone so I stick with my little group - so obviously, during the short amount of time I spend in the washroom washing my hands or something, I see a lot of people I don't know. It used to make me feel uneasy, but now I'm used to it and I just act as a bitch, put on a tight smile and walk my way.

And minutes ago that happened, I was washing my hands a few sinks away from this other lady whose face I didn't recognize, so I barely looked at her (better than the tight smile, avoiding all eye contact altogether solves the what-do-I-do dilemma) and walked back to my cubicle. (oui, pour ceux que ça intéresse, j'ai découvert que le mot «cubicule» est un anglicisme. ya quelqu'un qui veut troubler avec moi ?)

Well I barely have time to sit down that Lady from the Washroom walks in! She knows who I am and she says we've met and she wants to know how I'm enjoying my work term.
So we chatted a little and she was nice but I am very, very troubled. When the hell is it that I was introduced to her? Why does she get to remember and I don't?

I remember when I went to my very first party with the musical team (which was really just a way to get newbies like myself to know everyone) I warned everyone not to take offense if I didn't say hi to them if we crossed each other's way at school the following week, because I was very bad with faces.
That was a smart move.
Maybe I should start doing it when I start new jobs, too.

No comments: