Thursday, January 12, 2006

Rob: Just how special am I, right? For your information, when I say green potatoes, I don't mean they're completely green - I mean they are greenish right under the peel, so when you peel them, you see a bit of green along the skin.

If I remember well, potatoes contain solanin, which is helpful in some way to it, but toxic, in big doses, for human beings. After you kept your potatoes for a while, the levels of solanin increase, for some reason, near the skin of the potatoe, giving it the green color. All you have to do then is remove a thick layer under the peel and you should be fine.

Try looking up scientific information about that if you want it profesionally explained, or if you wanna see it for yourself, buy potatoes, keep them in bright light for a few weeks and then peel them. (Just don't eat them afterwards ;))

No comments: