Friday, October 19, 2018

I really need to tell you guys how much I love my Smartwool socks.

For years, I refused to buy any. They were just too expensive for my taste and I couldn't justify to myself spending so much on socks. Until CAA had a sale right before we went to Japan, just as I was packing up. As a rule, Raiontzukai and I do a lot of walking when traveling. I realized that the frequency of our travels made the purchase of quality socks worth it. I still couldn't justify buying the Smartwool socks at full price, but if they were discounted....

So I went to CAA and bought discounted Smartwool socks for myself and Raiontzukai.

And GOD I love them. They are the most comfortable thing I've ever put my feet in. They probably qualify as slippers. I love them so much, after we got back from Japan and CAA had another sale, I bought a couple more of them in a no-show style that I will bring in Portugal next summer.

But you must know that all three pairs I got for Raiontzukai DIED in Japan. As in, they had holes in them almost the second he put them on. While I was raving everyday about how I loved my socks, Raiontzukai found a new hole in his everytime he took his shoes off (which, in Japan, is pretty often).

The difference between my socks and his was, his were the more "urban", thinner style. That's really the only explanation I can come up with. So people, Smartwool socks are amazing, but make sure you get the thicker style.

2 comments:

Unchosen said...

Been wearing smartwool hiking for 15 years. Darn Tough makes some good socks, too.

Quartz said...

Darn tough is on my list, too!