Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Over the weekend, I ordered a new Portugal guide book for myself, to replace the outdated version I had gotten for free in 2007. I was thrilled in part because the online price was a steal, and it was actually covered by Mom as a birthday present. I was even more thrilled to see on the Canada Post website that it had been delivered yesterday, just in time for today, a rainy day that allows me to spend my commute reading on the bus (because it's somehow trickier to read when commuting by bike).

Except the mailbox was empty.

Now, I don't know if the parcel was mailed to another address or if the mailman inadvertently placed it in the wrong box of the communal mailbox. I have already emailed Chapters and they're giving me a choice between a refund and a replacement, which is fine - except. There is still a chance that whoever got my parcel will bring it to me (granted the address on the label was the correct one, and as I personally had to get an order replaced by a company that had sent my package to the wrong address, I say everything is possible.), so I'm unwilling to ask for a replacement right now. But the wait is already driving crazy, and it has been exactly half a day.

I am unsure what to make of the various odd incidents I am experiencing with online shopping recently.

(Also, my washer is fixed, thanks for asking.)

No comments: