Friday, January 18, 2002

*breathes in*
*breathes out*
Wow. I had time to actually do that. How amazing.
Everything just went so wrong today !!!
Driving to school this morning for musical rehearsal. There's no way of heating the damn car. No way. After almost an hour of driving, there was still smoke coming out of my mouth when I sang along with the radio.
And the engine seemed to become quite hot, so I had put the ventilation at its maximum level. Cold.
Arrive at school. Rehearse. Rehearsal is over one hour earlier, so instead of having to wait an hour for my appointment with I'm-in-charge-of-your-schedule person, I have to wait two hours. Had lunch. Spent a whole damn hour at the library reading a play. I was the only one in the library, damn it !!!!
Go to appointment.
"Oh, I'm sorry, your name isn't on the list..."
Computer research.
"Oh, your appointment isn't with the right person... maybe you could come tomorrow ?"
For God's sake, it takes almost an hour for me to drive up here, and you want me to come tomorrow ?
"Oh, wait, there was an appointment canceled... in a hour from now. Wanna take it ?"
*sigh*
All right. I'll waste another hour of my life.
Come an hour later. Wait. Listen to other people's conversations. Get to talk with some guy from the musical for a minute or two.
Appointment was at 3:15.
Go into office at 4:00.
Cancel two classes.
Get out of office at 4:15.
Tries to get new schedule from tired-of-working people. Tired-of-working people can't get the damn printer to print.
4:25, schedule is finally printed.
4:33, Quartz is back at the car.
Wipes snow away, fills windshield washer thingy.
Freezes.
4:40, Quartz leaves her parking spot.
Heat thingy still not providing hot air.
Engine still too hot.
5:40, Quartz is home, 5 hours and 40 minutes after rehearsal is over.

No comments: