Saturday, April 06, 2002

I tell ya, things like that only happen to me !

Went to work this morning, and my boss let me leave at 10:45. Which was 15 minutes before the ceremony at the church started. I ran to the phone and called my mother on her cell phone - but she had already turned it off.

I couldn't stay at the restaurant until the ceremony was over - I would've looked like a total jerk. So I decided I'd walk home - and call my mother every 15 minutes. So I walked.

And walked, and walked, and walked some more.

Called my mom at 11:30. Left a message.

Called my mom at 11:45. Left another message.

Called my mom at 12:00. Left a new message.

All the while I kept walking, and it was getting cold, and my feet hurt and I needed to go to the bathroom.

I called my mom at 12:10, and then she answered.
My father and my step-sister came to pick me up. Know where I was by then (it was 12:30) ? Two houses away from my home.

Anyway, so I arrived there, I was litterally frozen, and for like 5-10 minutes I just sat around and shivered. My mother got me a coffee.
I kept my coat on the whole time, and eventually even took my mother's scarf. I was so cold - and I still am, actually.
And I am still dead tired.

No comments: