Thursday, May 30, 2002

Tabarnak ! Si ya quelque chose qui me tombe sur les nerfs, c'est ben de copier mon post pour être sûre de pas le perdre, puis que IE plante, sauf que pour une raison X, quand j'arrive pour coller mon post, ben mon presse-papier est vide ! Anyway.

I was saying :

What the hell happened just now ?
I was quietly surfing the internet when my cursor went crazy. It started moving by itself and opening windows - mainly the "Properties" windows of the components of my Quick Launch bar. Yet I could control my cursor with my mouse. I froze for a moment, trying to figure out what the hell that was. Didn't. So I disconnected from the internet, figuring that if it was someone hacking my computer or something, they couldn't do so if I was offline.
Wrong.
I was offline, but my cursor kept doing what it wanted to do... Eventually, I decided to turn the computer off. Except that when I tried to start it again, it wouldn't. I kept pushing the damn switch, but nothing happened, absolutely nothing.
I ended up unplugging everything from the wall and plugging it again. This time the computer started. Everything seemed to work fine, except once Windows booted, I got this alert window telling me I had no mouse connected. But, I mean, aren't they supposed to tell me that while the computer is started and not once Windows is booted ??? And I had a mouse connected anyway.
I re-started the computer again. And this time my mouse worked.
Everything seems to be the same - except that everytime I re-start the computer, while it's detecting everything and looking for the OS, I get something like "Updating ESCD... Update Success"
What is that ESCD thing ???

So yeah. I am traumatized.
*is off to try and find what ESCD stands for*

No comments: