Monday, June 03, 2002

I swear I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown from that computer.

I just don't know what to do.

Rebooted 4 times already and the mouse still won't listen to me, it happened again that the damn "Off" button of the computer wouldn't work, got the same ESCD update message, then Windows detected all components like the motherboard and all but now it won't detect the mouse. It just keeps telling me my mouse isn't connected - yet the mouse must be detected when it's booting, else I'd get an error message before Windows would start - or so I think. So what is going on ???

Luckily I had configured things so I could use my keyboard to control the mouse, but it's still extremely annoying, and I just hate things that I can't control.

Tomorrow I need to open the tower thingy and clean it from the dust there might be in it - in case that should do any good. And then I need to go over to my neighbor's and borrow their mouse so I can see if my computer will detect this one. (Oh damn it, just occured to me this might mean I'd have to install a new driver.)

Thing is, I think it's established by now that the problem, whatever it is, is material. And that, I know barely anything about. So I don't know what to do. And that makes me crazy. Because in my crazy head I figure that machines can't win over me. Because I have an intelligence - as buried as it might seem to some of you - and they don't - and for God's sake, they simply shouldn't have their own freewill, all right ?

The most frustrating part of this - no, scratch that, one of the most frustrating parts of this is that I live in the middle of nowhere, that I am the only one who knows how a computer works in this house and that there isn't anybody close that could help me.

You know, I was in a good mood, I was actually coming here to talk about how I love "Ally McBeal" and how I hope that they sell the whole series in DVD's or cassettes or whatever so I can own it, but computers ruin things for you. But you have to fix 'em, so you have to live with them ruining things for you.
And now do you think I feel like going to bed ?

No comments: