Friday, June 07, 2002

(okay, two more things I hate about computers :
- when you move icons, and you reboot, the icons are still as they were before you moved them. annoying
- that everytime you re-install that modem driver, the connection is different. Now, it just is stuck forever on that "checking user ID and password" and I mean forever)

So, as I was saying before the computer crashed :

Just watched a conversation between Rosie O'Donnell and Bill O'Reilly. And God I wish I were able to do that.

I mean, have you watched them ? It's really a confrontation of their beliefs, and it goes pretty deep sometimes, and yet there's never a silence, and they come up with strong arguments everytime they open their mouths - and it goes so fast I missed some parts, even with the closed-captions on.

I can't back myself up to save my life - but I can at the same time. Give me a few minutes to think about it, don't pressure me, and I'll come up with strong arguments as well. But I can't think of 'em fast.
I can't listen to what you have to say and automatically link it with other facts, or thoughts, or whatever. I can't. It might be again the concentration issue - but I can't remember whether I ever was able to.

Thing is, I hate arguing - most of the time. I wrote this long post about the French debates we had this semester, and how useless I thought they were. I hate arguing when it's only "shut-up-and-let-me-prove-you-you're-wrong". It's interesting when it's only about making others understand - but how often is it really about it ?

So, my computer crashed and I lost my train of thought, but never mind.

Another thing that I came to think of - you know how I said that it's weird that I can never know who reads me ? Okay, theorically, I should know, but no one will sign the guestbook, so I recognize about 4 or 5 IP's, but that's pretty much it. As for the others, they could be friends as they could be pure strangers, and I wouldn't know. Although I do suspect the Brazil person wasn't a friend...
Just think about all I say here.
Take that person I don't know who starts reading me - I mean, I'm convinced I'm not the only one who enjoys searching for people I know on ICQ, without adding them to my list (because I'm anti-social, yes, but also just because I don't necessarily know them very well). Start thinking about the number of people who could search for me out of boredom oh my god. like the French partner I had two semesters ago, the one who had written "hot guy" as his last name, the one who had made a fool of himself during our oral presentation, the one who had sent me a virus over the internet, the one who had asked me if I had ever slept with anyone, the one who had told me I "looked even more like a witch" with my hair brown... remember him ? ew ! ew ! ew ! Boy did I hate the guy. Anyways, think about how many people I might pass by everyday who found my blog...
After a while of regular reading, they could know me pretty well, or at least think they do - and I still wouldn't know much about them.

It's scary, when you think of it. Really.

Anyways. I'm working tomorrow at 7:00, so I need to go to bed now. Because I won't be falling asleep before at least an hour anyways...

And my legs itch ! You were really in need to know that, weren't you ? Yeah. I knew it.

No comments: