Tuesday, October 29, 2002

[over-ambitious-policeman-related anger moment]
Okay. So I have this "For sale" thing on my mother's car, all right ? Which is the car I use every damn day to go to school.
I park it in the street right in front of the college (for I am, um, lazy/cheap and I refuse to pay 4,50 or 2,25 a day for a parking space I can get for free just a few meters away. Anyway.).
And this afternoon when I got back to the car, there was a fricking parking ticket in the windshield ! Wanna know why ?
Because of the damn "For sale" sign !!!
Or, as they prefer to put it to make it sound professional : "You parked a vehicle in a street with the intention of selling or exchanging it."
Let me just go : WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!
#1. That street isn't a passing street. There's nobody who goes there, ever, except the students who park their freakin' car. If I wanting to freakin' advertise that my car is for sale, I'd park it on a street people actually know exists !!!
#2. Complement to #1 : The beginning of the street is reserved for 120 minute parkings. Today, my Spanish class lasted 3 hours. Therefore, I was parked at the end of the world, in other words, not in a strategic advertising spot.
#3. This is not really a thing you can argue on. Just imagine going to court with that. Yes, my car had a for sale sign on it. Yes, it was parked in the street. However, I am not guilty of the named charges. *raises eyebrows* How convincing.
There's always the possibility of taking the risk the over-ambitious policeman won't come to court and you'll win by default. However, if he does and you're judged guilty, there's a 69$ fee added to the original amount.
My father also says that all I'd have to do is bring someone with me to say the sign was down, and if there are two of us, we have our chances. Please note that my father also said it was legal to leave the damn sign on when the car was parked. Make your own judgement about credibility.
#4. I am not paying this ! I am so not paying this. With all due respect, I think my father would have to frickin' pay for that. (I will now stop swearing :))
#5. I might end up paying for a part of it though. Because I am still the one who freakin' (oops) parked the car...
#6. (Forgotten, should've been put before) Everybody does that ! E-ve-ry-bo-dy does that ! And nobody gets tickets - but me...


Anyways. Screw the police.
[/over-ambitious-policeman-related anger moment]

Today's rant was brought to you by a very bad mood. Thank you.

No comments: