Friday, October 03, 2003

Flirting do's and don't's for guys
mostly don't's, actually


I thought you could use some advice, as from my experience of last night, some of you guys can get right down freaky when trying to hit on a girl.

#1. If you're with, say, two friends, don't you all look at the same girl - especially not at the same time. Even if it seems she can't see you. Because if she's, say, waiting in line for the bus, she could totally see your reflection in the window right next to her.
#2. If you have to get on the same bus the girl gets on (which, if you failed to follow tip #1, if useless anyway as you've looked like a total fool already just by staring along with 2 friends), don't go stand next to her. I'm telling you, it's useless, she's already decided you three are psychos.
#3. If you absolutely have to go stand next to her, don't stare at her. Especially if you failed to follow tips #1 and #2, you just might freak her out at that point.
#4. If you're staring and the girl is deliberately looking away, don't insist and, for example, ask :"Miss, could I take a look at your eyes ? They're beautiful." You will not impress her, and having failed to follow all above tips, the girl could start praying that you don't get off at the same stop she has to.
#5. After the girls has told you she's heard that line times before and looks away again, just freaking leave her alone ! And when you get off (luckily before her bus stop), telling her "goodbye, Miss" will not make her think you're sweet. You were a weirdo the minute you missed tip #1, it's not gonna work ever.

I'm telling you, those three guys were freaks. Plus it was around eleven at night, they spoke a funny language and they were about twice my height. Had they gotten off at the same bus stop I did, I would've called my boyfriend and told him to come and get me. They freaked the fucking hell out of me.

No comments: