Monday, June 07, 2004

When there is a CD I want to listen, I usually just shove it into my computer and listen to it. Yes, there is an actual mini system with much better speakers in the same room, but I never use it, because it's Peanut's and not mine. Not that I mind, I just really dislike this thing. Very psychological explanation on my part : all the systems I ever owned had a separate place for each CD, all on top of each other - and not those circular thingies that you put all 5 CD's into. I don't think I'm being clear, but anyway. In other words, I'm used to pressing, say, a "CD4" button and then the case for the CD 4 opens. Peanut's doesn't work that way. You just open the thing, and then good luck trying to figure out what case you put your CD into. I truly loathe that. And my beloved mini system is in the living room. So, being lazy, and mostly, suffering from arthritis, I save the extra steps and use the computer.
(and we're back to what I was saying at the top of the paragraph)

And well, a few minutes ago, I decided I wanted to listen to some CD's on random. Which is something I did every morning when I lived with my parents : every morning, when dressing up and preparing myself, I would just hit random and listen to my CD's. Good times. Haven't done it in a hell of a time, you see - and I put in those two Tori Amos CD's I got since January, both of them I had only ever heard through the speakers on my computer. Which, so I've learned, aren't exactly the latest technology, because I totally froze when I heard those same songs on my system's speakers. Much, much better. Kinda traumatizing.

No comments: