Monday, August 16, 2004

So the fighting continues.

Our insurance company called Peanut to tell him they've closed our case. Because the delivery company won't admit responsibility ("we had no instructions to install the appliances !" - which in my opinion is just proving my point) and as the invoice is in my name and the insurance is only in Peanut's, they say they can't do anything. (Which is bull if you ask me, because damn it, the apartment is also only in his name, so the person who should have to pay for the damage is him, and who is supposed to represent him ? His stupid insurance company.) Anyways. So I've called the guy to hear stuff from his mouth - Peanut didn't get everything he was told, plus there are questions I want to ask him. I left him two messages, and I'm waiting for him to call back.

I saw the landlord just minutes ago (talk about happy coincidence) and I asked her what was up with the cleaning and stuff. She says she went on vacation for two weeks and she had warned them that it was time out until she was back. She also wants them to come when we're home. She won't open doors for them if we're not home. Which is very stupid as well, but she has her ideas. Some people never get things.
Anyways. I told her the latest news, and she didn't get it, really. Again. She said she thought our insurance companies would settle together.

Except that if I can't get Peanut's insurers to re-open the case (and I'm not dreaming I can), we'll have to sue the delivery company - or actually, FutureShop. And I believe it would be better if the landlord sue them, as the damage was done to her building and the damage has to be paid to her, and not us. It's not going to be easy as long as she doesn't understand what's going on... but anyway.

I'll have to talk to Insurance Guy before I do anything.

It's a hell of a lot of trouble, but I must admit that I'm having fun.
Things are never so bad as long as you know what you have to do.

No comments: