Thursday, September 02, 2004

Do you believe in destiny ?

Yesterday I didn't know what to wear. I just got those 5 pairs of new pants and I wondered if I was to wear one of them or not... And then I decided not to. I chose, instead, to wear those old, stained pants that get on my nerves because they stretch when you wear 'em and after a few hours I could take them off without even unzipping them. Anyways. So I put those on, right ?

And then Peanut called me and said : "hey ! why don't you meet me at the office tonight and then we can go rollerskating".
I said yes.
And I went, and then Peanut didn't remember my braking skills aren't exactly what they should be, so he made me follow him up a bridge... and down. Which wouldn't have been so bad if there had not been this 120 degree curb right down the said bridge. I mean I can brake very well, thank you, if I have a few feet of straight, flat, ground in front of me.

So I fell - or rather, no, I didn't fall, I slid down for a few feet, on my left knee. Very nice. Can't wait to do that again.
We all know what happens to skin when you brush it on a sidewalk, so I needn't describe how my knee looks at the moment. We also know what happens to fabric when brushed on a sidewalk, so my old, stained pants that get on my nerves are torn now.

What do you call that if not destiny ?

Anyway, so that's a change from the usual bruises I get on my legs, but also much more painful. Especially when I put peroxyde on it. The thing I really miss from when I lived in a house, with my parents, is that I could scream at the top of my lungs when I did stuff like that. I can't anymore. *sigh*

No comments: