Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Bon. Je descends chez mes parents demain faire évaluer les dommages à mon auto.

Faudra que j'appelle LG sur mes heures de bureau demain (pour le frigidaire) parce qu'ils sont ouverts de 8:30hres à 5:00hres, du lundi au vendredi. Vive le service à la clientèle.

Other than that, here is (finally) the funny story about Peanut.
Last night, the phone rang and he picked up. I heard him giving out our address, and when he hung up, he said :"I won a camera !"
"What ?" I exclaimed.
"I won a camera. The lady asked me a question and because I had the right answer, she said I won and they're coming here to give the camera to me."
"What ?" I repeated, stunned.
Of course that kind of thing is never right. People don't call you to give you stuff. When you really win something, you go and pick it up yourself. When people insist on coming at your place to deliver the prize, then they're really trying to sell you something.
But Peanut is this cute little creature who still believes that all mankind is good, and he was traumatized when I told him that. I asked him what had been the exact convo he had with the lady.
"Well, she asked her question, I answered and she said I had won and they were coming over... Then she asked a few other questions : did we have pets, a vacuum cleaner, a dehumidifier, etc."
"Well there you have it. They're gonna come over and try to sell us cat food, a vacuum cleaner and a dehumidifier."
I litterally heard his bubble burst as he said : "You think ?"
As they were going to call before coming over, we decided not to pick up the phone when it would ring. And so we did : we stood next to the answering machine, in case they left a message, and when it went off, I suddenly realized I had changed the greeting two days ago, trying to create a funny, original greeting. However, I did not mean it to sound so mean and intended-for-them and I was laughing my ass off when I heard my own voice saying : "Hi, good news is, you've reached XXX-XXXX. Bad news is, we're not picking up."
I seriously doubt they will be bothering us again.

Et finalement, j'avais un message sur le répondeur en revenant du travail d'un monsieur du bureau de la traduction à Ottawa (donc moi, je vais aller à Ottawa et pas à Hull ! Hahaha !), du service santé, qui va m'encadrer durant mon stage de janvier. J'aurais bien aimé qu'il spécifie si par miracle ma cote de sécurité était entrée. Enfin. Il voulait tout simplement établir un premier contact, il m'a même dit de ne pas le rappeler pour ne pas faire de longue distance pour rien. Enfin. Ce que j'ai retenu de son message, c'est que :
1. Il a tellement l'air fin ! Yé tout gentil ! J'étais toute heureuse en écoutant son message.
2. Ça vous a peut-être échappé, mais il appelait du service santé. Ce qui veut dire (réfléchissez-y) que je serais stagiaire au service santé. DONC EN SCIENCES !Ha ! Parce que moi, j'ai un DEC EN SCIENCES ! JE SUIS COOL ! JE CONNAIS LA FORMULE CHIMIQUE DE L'AMMONIAQUE, JE SUIS UNE DÉESSE DE LA CONTRACTION DES LONGUEUR ET LA DILATATION DU TEMPS (ou l'inverse, j'oublie toujours) ET JE PEUX EXPLIQUER POURQUOI UN POINSETIA A DES SPOTS BLEUS ! (bon, ça, cé pas vrai, je m'étais plantée à cet examen-là, mais quand même)

Je vous laisse là-dessus, je suis beaucoup trop hyperactive pour rester assise encore longtemps.

(Avez-vous remarqué ? D'abord la laveuse, puis les machines informatiques de parking, puis le frigidaire, puis l'auto, les objets innanimés m'en veulent...)

No comments: