Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The story behind Quartz's Song's languages


I don't know if STEPHANIE is ever coming back, but I figured it might be a good idea to explain why this blog ended up being bilingual.

If you check the first post, I say that there will be both French and English because "I haven't decided yet". Which was true, because this blog was first created so my friends would have a place to hear about me on the net. Back then, I owned only one online diary that they weren't allowed to see, and I figured by giving them this, I would be safe. It would have to have been in French, then, as it's both my and their first language, but after months of writing an English online diary, the habit was there. So I figure I could do both.

At first it was mostly English as most of my readers didn't speak French. Then, Tweety started her own blog and therefore became addicted to mine, and then more and more French people started to read me. And English slightly went out the door a little.

So that is it - and I'm beginning to think my next poll should be "Are you French or English ?"

No comments: