Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Once upon a time there was a girl who had a special destiny. She was destined to forever think she would go to Ottawa without it never actually happening.

When this girl got into University and joined the co-op program, she was told that her first work term wouldn't be in Québec as Québec employers preferred students with experience. For a whole year, she was told that her first work term was going to be in Ottawa.

Then it turned out that there were no more available positions in Ottawa / Hull and the girl ended up working her first work term on the South Shore.

Then sometime in October or so, she got a phone call from Co-op Coordinator, saying that she had an internship available at the Translation Bureau in Ottawa for the next term. Would the girl be interesting in taking the job?
Sure, the girl said. It was happening: the following winter, she would be in Ottawa.

And then they had trouble obtaining her security certificate and the girl went back to school in January instead.

But the Ottawa internship was going to happen the following summer. Her security status was finally approved and waiting was just a mere formality to the girl.

Until she got a phone call, once again, from Co-op Coordinator, who announced to her that her summer work term would take place at the Translation Bureau... in Montreal.

Yup, yup, yup.
Isn't this the greatest joke?
Coordinator specified that she really hoped I would be willing to leave Québec for my last work term, but still. Funny, funny. So I am staying here, this meaning that 1)I could've signed the lease for this year. I mean we went through so much trouble trying to find a damn appartment to rent only under Peanut's name because I couldn't have my name on the lease due to that very Ottawa internship and 2) given that I will be staying home and spending way less money than expected, new computer is on its way!

Of course, the shopping spree that Tweety, Matinée and I were supposed to go on when I went to Ottawa will have to wait, or who knows, not happen, but I'm pretty happy to get to stay here. Maybe the co-op program will make it up to me and allow me to go to Vancouver or somewhere in France on my last work term...

No comments: