Wednesday, December 28, 2005

There are days like this... you just know you'd better stay in bed and sleep it through.

I knew it the moment I woke up, I saw it was 10:30 and I thought, well, at least the day's gonna go by faster. Which it won't, of course, I'll just end up in bed that much later. (And by the way, don't think I don't know, Rob, I just heard you calling me a slacker for getting up so late :P)

So I woke up and proceeded to, well, slacking - turns out I can't even read the books I got for Christmas.... I read one of them until I finished it on the 25th at my parents', and I started another one the next day and forgot it on the kitchen table when I left. And of course the third book I got for Christmas is the volume following that forgotten book. Murphy's law.

All that slacking allowed me to look up a link I found in a recent article in Glamour about women who blogged. Unfortunately, I wasn't featured in that article, but Dooce was and I quickly added her to my favorites.

Because I didn't want to spend the whole day inside, and mostly to put off cleaning up that damn appartment, I decided to drive to Omer de Serres to collect some ideas for my next scrapbook. And this is when I realized what a bad day today was.

First I nearly got into an accident a few blocks away because of a stupid driver who didn't seem to realize that just because she has a stop sign on her side doesn't mean everybody else has one and proceeded to cross the street I was, while quietly minding my own business, following. She stopped her van in the middle of the intersection and I drove around her. I was lucky she managed to stop because the road was icy and my few attempts at braking when I saw her beginning to cross the street quickly made me realize that I couldn't stop my car on such short notice on ice.
I really wish people around this place would take assume the presence of stop signs where there aren't any instead of the other way around. Anyways. I also happened on many other unskilled drivers (especially you in that sloooooow grey van that didn't seem to know how to switch lanes and/or what exactly the use of that pedal to the right was) on my way to Omer de Serres.

There of course I didn't purchase anything, because well, I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do with my scrapbook and all, and after a while I started remembering about my absolute lack of manual talent so I walked out before I entirely changed my mind and decided not to even give that scrapbooking thingy a try.

Then I got home and got a call from my mother and also a brief visit from Peanut and his two cousins, who had made a stop here to pick up his charger (Peanut's, that is, not his cousins').

The day has gotten a little more bearable ever since I got back home, so really, it might not have been such a bad had I remained inside. I'll remember it next time. Although it usually works the other way around.

Now I'm considering cooking something up for dinner and spending the night watching those old improvization matches.

No comments: