Friday, January 06, 2006

Because you're all dying to know, and rightly so: I just might have found a competent hairdresser in this town. (Remember to read that previous sentence to the sound of me knocking on wood.)

Unbelievable, but true - although she ran a little late (and I got apologies from 3 different persons for that, so I figured...), she was nice AND competent, this meaning not only did she make it possible to have a conversation, she also understood what I explained to her as to what I wanted done to my hair. And "explained" is way over the top here, I mostly muttered and signed because what is clear in my head rarely is easy to transmit with actual words - so she understood and actually had ideas of her own (unlike the last hairdresser I tried who just went : "well, either you get rid of the bangs or you keep 'em".).

I did ended up paying about 10 bucks more than what I expected, but after 2 years of desperatly looking for somebody competent around this place, what's 10 bucks every two or three months?

Quand je suis revenue, j'ai fait un arrêt à la pharmacie où j'ai ramassé les photos que j'avais pris à Québec il y a des siècles, et franchement, je les aime. Un jour, quand j'aurai rien de mieux à faire, je prendrai un cours de photographie.

Je suis finalement revenu à l'appart', j'ai remis Tweenie dans le stationnement (incroyable mais vrai: le déneigeur a bel et bien passé aujourd'hui) et puis je suis rentrée dans le hall où j'ai ramassé mon courrier, tout en faisant un salut à travers la porte à Concierge qui était sorti faire je sais pas quoi, probablement mettre des trucs dans son bac à recyclage sous l'escalier. Il a attendu devant sa porte que je prenne mon courrier et que j'ouvre la porte du hall pour me dire : "Bonne année, mademoiselle." J'ai trouvé ça incroyablement cute. Ya pas grand chose qui fait autant de bien que la gentillesse de gens de qui je suis pas spécialement proche.

No comments: