Thursday, January 05, 2006

It beats me how the concept of queues is greatly misunderstood in the general population. Especially in video clubs... last time Peanut and I were in there about 6 persons seemed to be unable to see the Please wait here sign behind which 4 honest citizens were waiting to pay for their rental.

Last night I went to rent Prozac Nation on my own. I was standing behind the Please wait here sign when those two guys passed me. One of them suddenly took a look at me and I showed him the sign, so they both went to stand behind me and one of them said : "Oh, I don't mind being behind you."

I'm still not sure exactly what that was supposed to mean and why he thought it useful to say it, but still. If he'd just understood the concept of queues, he could just have shut up and I wouldn't have had to swear to myself to never go back to the video club on my own.

No comments: