Wednesday, February 22, 2006

And I never knew it was that easy to be weak, that easy to be an idiot, that easy to be selfish. I never stopped to think I could only be strong for myself.

And sorry doesn't cut it; and I know you meant it, and I know you think you mean it but you don't even know what it means - and I know you're just saying that because it has a nice ring to it.

And I can understand that you'd rather be blind, that you'd rather rule, that you'd rather die. I just don't care.

And where were you when I thought of what I'd rather do?
You weren't there.
Because I never wanted you there.
Right.

And I guess you get to be an ass as long as you do it in the corner of your room. I guess as long as you're careful you can mess with your own life.

And I'd have to be fucking proud that I stopped before anyone paid for my own choices. I mean if the universe wants you to mean something it will make you something; clinging isn't meaningful.

And you'd think it would be expected.
And of course you'd fucking know because god forbid the story should've started before you even existed.

No comments: