Thursday, July 06, 2006

The last class - a review by your devoted Quartz


My last class is a psychology one, called Learning Disabilities. I couldn't make it to the first class on Tuesday because the plane landed too late.

When I got there tonight, I was, along with every other student who hadn't attended the first class, very surprised to hear we have a test worth 25% next Thursday. I mean god, give us time to get the textbook!

The class seems sort of painful. A lot of notes to take. A lot of things to learn by heart. And to make it even worse, it is taught in the same class my anthropology class was taught last year. This is psychologically painful.

The teacher seems pretty serious and strict, although he has humoristic flashes, as he demonstrated by calling Tom Cruise a jerk and sarcastically using the words "George Bush" and "disability" very close one to another in the same sentence.

I felt very excited sitting there thinking this was my very last class, but after two hours of note-taking without a break, I just wished it over already.

Six more weeks to go.

No comments: