Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ha!

Got to wonder why I ever thought I needed a man around to get what I thought were "heavy duty" tasks done.... But so far I've asembled my IKEA bed and my IKEA kitchen table and, yes, ladies and gentlemen, you won't believe it and frankly I wouldn't have either had I not seen it with my own two eyes, but this afternoon I mounted my ceiling fan in the kitchen.

There was very few swearing involved in the operation, but most of it was directed at the damn unscrewable screw already into the ceiling. When I finally got it out (after having tried about 4 different screwdrivers), everything went surprisingly well, except that I did need to warn this yellow-thingy-meant-for-holding-electrical-wires-together that when I'm standing on the kitchen table with a screwdriver in my mouth, holding a ceiling fan with both my hands wasn't a good time to repeatedly jump out of said fan onto the floor.

So the ceiling fan is now in working order and I am not proceeding to running it clockwise in hope that by tonight, room temperature will have increased a notch.

Now you guys get on your knees and worship me right fucking now. Thanks.

2 comments:

Pam said...

See, this is why I envy where you're at right now. You get to find out you're able to do more than you may have imagined. And you have all that freedom. It's awesome.

Quartz said...

I wouldn't go as far as to say my current situation calls for envy, but yeah. I get you. Thanks. :)