Monday, December 04, 2006

How to Make Quartz Happy in Less Than Thirty Seconds


I am sure Rob will be happy to remind me what damn words it is that you're not supposed to capitalize in English titles? Articles? Prepositions?

I am currently translating a document which poses no particular problem other than the fact that it is written in a personal form (I did this and I did that) and I have no idea who the author is. This doesn't matter in English but it is very important in French as it is necessary in order to make verbs agree accordingly.

So I e-mailed the person I had listed as a contact - he replied, saying the author was male, and going on to thank me for checking this small, but very important detail, with him.

This is probably just a closing line, but yes, it made my day, thank you very much.

No comments: