Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A sure sign that people here are beginning to know who I am -

My office is the first of a row of 5 or 6 of them, along which runs a corridor.
Yesterday afternoon, M came to see me and explained her trainer has her do lunges forward, and that this corridor certainly seemed perfect to do them.
- You don't ask me that, I said, because I'll totally do it.
- Oh, I know, she replied, that's why it's you I came to talk to about it!

When arrive in the morning, most of my co-workers aren't in yet. I was going to take a file to my coach's cubicle (which is, incidentally, one of the last cubicles of the row) and as I walked out of my office with the file in my hand, M caught up with me from behind and exclaimed:
- Hey, Quartz! Nobody's in yet, now's the perfect time for our lunges!

And oh yes, we did it, lunges all the way to my coach's office.
I keep repeating to, well, mostly DraG actually, that I like to try and pretend I'm normal for a while when I meet new people before I let them know how crazy I am - so I think I can say the normality act is over now...!

No comments: