Monday, February 05, 2007

For future reference: anybody knows how you can turn off those damn electrical smoke detectors without shutting off the whole "lighting" breaker?

I mean, there's got to be a way.
There's got to be an option other than to freeze my ass off after having opened a window in order to get the smoke (what damn smoke? I'm not seeing any smoke anywhere, dammit!) that's come out of my oven when I removed the salmon from it out (and nothing burned at all, the smoke is probably purely coming from the oil I put on the fish), have dinner in front of my computer because nothing (no lights, no TV) is working in the kitchen and the living room as a result of shutting off that "lighting" breaker that, from what I'm seeing, designates a few significant tidbits other than lighting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't think there is any other way to turn it off. Afterall, the idea is that it's always on and testing for smoke.

However, some smoke detectors are overly sensitive (and some not sensitive enough. Eek!) so you could ask your landlord to replace it.