Saturday, February 10, 2007

This afternoon, I went to R's to pick up my kitten, Sambuca. She's two months old and she's the cutest thing, really.

I will post a picture of her as soon as I can; so far I have only photographed her with my cell phone because it was a simpler way to send the picture to people.

She's very calm: she went through the whole car ride without a sound! She was actually sleeping in her cage... I was amazed.

She spent the first half an hour under my bed, and the following half of an hour under the couch. Then I figured she'd spend the next century hiding if I let her, so I took her out of there, and she spent the next hour sleeping on my knees while I was talking on the phone with my mother. I tought after that, she'd have figured out that the world wasn't that scary, so I left her on the couch while I cleaned up the appartment a little. I was wrong: she went back under the bed. She seems to think there are only two alternatives: hiding or lying on my thighs.

Which is what makes photographing her a little tricky right now.

So she spent the best part of the day sleeping today; I hope she becomes a little more entertaining when she's more used to the place and less tired! However, I am quite pleased that she doesn't seem to be the kind to go around constantly meow-ing.

No comments: