Friday, March 09, 2007

I've been sitting this out.
I haven't stood up to make an official statement because I've wrongfully taken for granted that my personal actions and thoughts were clear, when they couldn't possibly have been to anyone but myself.

So they assumed I didn't know.
They assumed I wasn't looking.
They assumed I was simply thrown a rock while softly, kindly, lovingly smiling.
And they blamed their assumptions onto me - they claimed I'd made them believe all of that.

Which I haven't.

I'm certainly not a criminal, nor a trigger, nor an excuse, nor a fucking cause.
But I was there.

I knew, I saw - and I fought, I fucking tried.
I was walking out - but I lacked the nerve.
And I turned around, I didn't run, I fell into a trap, I closed my eyes and waited.
I bled, but I hoped - and I never believed.

I might not have put that forward. But who ever asked?

I never claimed to be that little angel.
I've just been sitting it out - if anybody ever called my name for a toast, I probably was too busy turning into poison to hear it.

But maybe somebody could've taken advantage of that free chair next to mine.

No comments: