Monday, July 30, 2007

But if you're not able to acknowledge that some people are fundamentally greedy, you will be surprised that, when push comes to shove, even people that you care about may not choose the moral code. I needed to see that there were people, including myself, who could have good traits and traits that would enslave another person. (Piece by Piece, Tori Amos)

I read that in the bus on my way home this afternoon. This is the second time I'm reading Piece by Piece, and I'm seeing it from a totally different perspective this time, given that the first time, I still wasn't aware of the ugliness of the people around me.

This is what I was thinking about when I went walking tonight. I'm currently trying to let go of my beloved but worn out metaphors, so my goal is to walk a whole hour and during that time, come up with an idea to build a short text on. It hasn't been working so well, which is why I gave myself permission to just pick a topic to think through tonight.

I won't be doing the thinking for you guys, but - have you ever acknowledged your own dark side? The ugly, thoughtless you that you try to conceal with endless justification?

No comments: