Friday, August 24, 2007

It's not that I'm troubled all that easily, folks, it's that troubling things happen to me all the time.

When the weather is nice, because it's the first bus that I can catch when I finish work, because I enjoy walking and also because walking is pretty much the only physical activity I'm in any way capable of performing at the moment, I take a bus that takes me to the terminal, leaving me to walk about 15 minutes to get home.

I was on my way back this afternoon, walking, lost in my thoughts, when I suddenly noticed this Jeep stopped in the middle of the street. When I got close enough, the lady in the driver's seat, whom I'd never seen in my entire life, leaned towards the passenger's window and said: "Excuse me? You live all the way down there, on X Street, don't you?"

I was puzzled; it wasn't the street I live on, but it was still one that's very close, so I said yes.

"Do you want a ride?", the lady asked. "I live there too, and I see you walking every day."

I mean, that sort of thing just doesn't happen, EVER, people.

No comments: