Friday, February 15, 2008

Hey, Food Whiz. I have followed your wise advice and added grains of rice in my new garlic powder, which has remained in powder form ever since.

(I have, however, miserably failed when I tried to remove the brick from the bottle by going at it with a potato peeler - the bottle cracked open. I still need to explore all Wal-Mart's of this land to see whether I can find a replacement bottle. But that's beside the point.)

So I need your opinion again, Food Whiz, you who undoubtedly own a slow cooker. What advice would you offer your beloved Quartz who's considering to buy one as well? What features can you not live without?

Thank you, Food Whiz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could do what I did and ask for a crock pot as a birthday/christmas/whatever present.

Other than that, I've owned one and used probably three or four different crock pots and found them all to be pretty much the same. I knew someone who insisted that the taller/narrower models worked better than the shorter/wider models, but I can't say I've noticed a difference. Mine is the shorter/wider type.