Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am unable of getting addicted to cafeine.

I started drinking coffee in Uni, but I never had it on a daily basis until almost two years ago, when I started working here. A few months back I decided to stop drinking coffee on weekends so as to limit the cafeine that got into my system.

It wasn't a problem.

Last month, I had I think about 3 cups of coffee - and again, there was nothing hard about not getting coffee every morning.

I'm very happy about it, don't get me wrong, but I'm beginning to wonder whether it means something's wrong with me.

I mean, from what I've learned in cégep, the human body is equipped with cafeine receptors which are activated by, obviously, cafeine. They remain activated for a while after you've had cafeine and this is what causes the addiction.

Does my situation mean that I have malfunctioning cafeine receptors???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the quantity of caffeine you consumer in a day is low--a cup or two--then it's probably not a problem. Also, if you're drinking colas or tea that have caffeine, then that makes up the difference. Even most chocolates have caffeine in them, so you may not be completely eliminating it from your diet just because you cut back on coffee.

Quartz said...

I guess I don't drink enough of it, because I don't drink anything but water the rest of the time. Yay me!