Monday, May 24, 2010

Because we have so much room in our new home, Raiontzukai and I decided it was time to get some plants. I never suspected it would be so complicated to find an plant that's not toxic for cats! It turns out they all pretty much are!

Because I'm lazy and don't have much time to do anything these days, I thought I would save myself all the complicated research and find a few plants that were not toxic and go with them.

It seems I'm gonna have to research the different degrees of toxicity in order to find plants that are only toxic when ingested in humongous quantities. And also try and figure out when I could actually place some plants so they would be out of the reach of Ouzo and Sambuca (seriously, have you even owned a cat? These guys get EVERYWHERE.)...

This blogger is a little disappointed.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Never worried about plants being toxic for cats. Never had a cat that would eat anything but spider plants and those are perfectly safe for cats. Now I keep a pot or two of cat grass available and she'll graze on that like a cow but never touch any of the house plants.

Some dogs will chew up anything, though, so you have to be more careful with them.

Quartz said...

That's good to know, thanks. I thought I read spider plants were toxic, but I looked it up again and you're right. That's a relief, because that's one of the plants we were planning on getting.

I was thinking about getting cat grass, too - not sure I'll be able to convince Raiontzukai though!