Friday, December 30, 2011

Being a Gentlemen in 2011


Last night, Raiontzukai and I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items (yes, we lead such an exciting life, don't we?). Once we arrived at the cash, the cashier started by only scanning the items Raiontzukai had carried to the cash, and I had to inform the cashier that we were not paying separately.

Which got me thinking.
After about a year of approximate financial arrangements regarding common expenses, Raiontzukai and I got a joint credit card account for these expenses. Ever since, it doesn't really matter who takes out the credit card to pay since it all goes on the same bill. However, being a gentleman, Raiontzukai generally takes out his card at the cash/restaurant/gas station/whatever, and nobody knows, or even wonders if, the card isn't solely his.

Which means Raiontzukai still gets to look as if he's paying for me regularly, even though he doesn't. I guess that's as good as it gets for men who want to be gentlemen in 2011, an era when women work, frequently make more money than their spouse and don't really wanna be financially supported anymore.

No comments: