Monday, February 06, 2012

In my life, hot water seems to be something I can never be bothered with. Or something.

In other words, back when I worked with Mel, because she arrived early at work, she was the one who boiled the water and made the coffee we shared. I only had to pour it in my cup and enjoy.

Then I got another job, and after a few weeks, I noticed that most days, this other lady boiled some water for herself before I arrived, so the days when I had to wait for my water to get hot were very rare.

I started a new job, again, last Wednesday. And YES, people, when I arrive at work, someone has boiled water not long before, so I only have to wait about 30 seconds before I can make my own coffee.

And because the song started playing in my head the minute I typed my intro, and also because it is slightly funny: In my life, there is someone who touches my life - waiting near, waiting here.

No comments: