Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life on the Red Carpet


The only time I ever found myself on an actual red carpet and surrounded by people I didn't know and who didn't know me, but who were really scared I might eventually be of some use to them and went all out as far as being polite went. I freaked out a little bit, but then realized I only needed to pretend I could actually be of some use to them eventually.

I just realized this is also key when starting a new job. I mean, here I pass people in the hallways constantly; most of them I don't know, but I know at some point we're gonna have to work together quite closely. For the first weeks I gave them an awkward smile, but now I actually smile at them as if I were really happy to see them and we had some kind of connection. And I wonder if they know I truly have no clue who they are and what they do...

No comments: