Thursday, April 19, 2012

At the beginning of April, I surprisingly caught a bad throat infection from which I was totally knock-out for about 4 days, or until the antibiotics started to kill the fever.
Then for a week I was still a little congested, but things seemed to be looking up - except that, of course, Life being what it is, I had to catch a cold on top of that. You know. Just so I could be sick for the whole freaking month of April and have to train for the half-marathon I'm running on May 6 through a cold.

Just now I ran out of tissue, so I went to the pharmacy to buy two humongous boxes, and while I was at it, because now seemed a pretty appropriate moment for comfort food, I actually bought THREE freaking chocolate bars. Yes, me, the girl who only buys chocolate bars from children who sell them for some school-related activity going from door to door, that's what I did. And I chose those with peanut butter, coconut, pretzels and cashews.

(Don't worry, as two of my colleagues did when they saw me coming back from the pharmacy, I'm not going to eat all of them today. I'm probably not even going to eat one of them today. So far I've had one square of each, and I must say I'm not nearly as congested as I was before. So there!)

No comments: