Thursday, March 30, 2017

Because apparently, not only do my male colleagues hold the door for me, but they make sure they are being funny at that -

I arrived at work half an hour earlier than usual this morning because rotating transit strikes make it impossible to ever know how much time you'll spend on the road each week. As I was walking up the stairs to my floor, I caught up to Petit Chiot (yes, and this is why I should give it more thought when I assign a blog name to people, even those I see no reason I should mention them more than once), who was himself a full hour earlier than usual. He held the door for me, and we joked that he had arrived early just to do that, and that he had obviously been meaning to do it for six months now.

About two hours later, as I walked in the corridor towards the exit to the work zone, I realized Petit Chiot was doing the same thing, walking ahead of me, further down the corridor. I was still too far, when he reached the exit, for him to casually hold the door behind him for me - so he didn't. But as I approached the slowly closing door, I suddenly heard somebody rush towards it from the other side. I assumed somebody was going to enter the work zone so I paused - only to see it was really Petit Chiot running back to push the door open so I could go through.

Again, I died.

No comments: