Monday, March 13, 2017

The purchase of new pants having become an emergency last week - after I'd put it off for about three months - I ran to the store on Friday night while Raiontzukai tried to keep the tiny humans alive before bath time.

I found two pairs of pants, and in the process made some interesting observations:

1. Apparently, in that specific store, I buy jeans in a size 7, but need a size 0 when it comes to work pants. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is so ridiculous it requires a full minute of silence. Because I am certainly not fat, but I am certainly not at the far end of the "skinny" range either. So if I need a size 0, a whole lot of women who are actually skinny are probably walking around naked due to the lack of options.
2. On a related note, those size 0 pants are a little tight around the belly- well, my belly. The belly of a girl who has given birth twice in two years. My belly is amongst the least of my worries, but it's yet another sign that those size 0 pants have a completely faulty design. Because I have plenty of belly room in the size 4 torn-to-shreds pants I have at home. Like, a lot.
3. As if that wasn't bad enough, the XXS vest I tried on was too large. Way too large.

Anyone care to explain?

No comments: