Thursday, May 25, 2017

Jonathan, anything
And anyone that you have done
Has gotta be alright with me
If she's part of
The reason you are how you are
She's alright with me


For a while, I was going to tell you. Or I thought I was. I just didn't know when and how to bring it up. You deserved for me to tell you - but I never found either the nerve or the way.

There were many reasons : it was going to be hard. I didn't want pity. It was all, mostly, behind me, and I didn't want to relive it all - because, at the time, the only way I knew to look back was to go back.
There was also you. You deserved to know, but you also deserved something beautiful, something light, something better than my darkness.

Oddly enough, you never asked; you had faith. You knew it didn't matter. You were so far ahead of me already.

I'm not hiding anymore. I'm not ashamed anymore. You might have figured it out by now. But, in a way, I'll always be going to tell you.

No comments: