Monday, July 24, 2017

So, Raiontzukai having been called to New Brunswick by a family emergency, so far, since Saturday, I have:

1. put both kids to bed on my own three times, including one time when I had to patiently explain to Coco that no, he couldn't come with me into Bout d'Chou's room as I was putting him to bed over the sound of Bout d'Chou bawling and crying out for his daddy in my arms;
2. taken them to an outdoor Museum, where I not only didn't lose them, but also counted to three for Coco who insisted on trying to get a skull fracture jumping on a seating platform while preventing Bout d'Chou from litterally running away because he wanted to go see other animals;
3. sent both kids to their rooms at the same time and actually thought the simultaneous crying was funny;
4. allowed both kids to ride their bikes to the park and suffered major stress as the request "follow Bout d'Chou at all times" didn't quite get through to Coco;
5. almost yelled at older kids who nearly rode into me and made Bout d'Chou fall down his bike as we were crossing the street when they decided they were in too much a hurry to wait for their turn or to ride around us (And I do know that's not related but it seriously pissed me off so I need to bitch about it.);
6. successfully gotten ready for work while preparing the kids for daycare, and taken them there without any major hiccup.

Raiontzukai returns tomorrow morning, so I still have many other activites to handle single-parentedly, but I'm pretty sure I have levelled up at least eight times in the last 36 hours.

No comments: