Thursday, August 31, 2017

As you may or may not have forgotten, last winter, I discovered that Coco and I have the same head size.

Recently, I made a trip to the clothing store to get fall and winter gear for the kids - because yes, when you enter the world of parenthood, you realize that August is the moment to shop for fall and winter gear, and that come October all stores will have run out. This in itself is extremely frustrating - especially on that night when your toddler outgrows his boots or comes home with a dying mitten in December.

But anyways.

I went to the store alone, so I made sure to bring toques and mittens that we already had at home and that still fit so I could make sure to get the missing gear in the appropriate sizes. (One day, I will tell you about the time Raiontzukai had to go to the store three days in a row in order to buy water shoes for Coco.) It's a trick that works really well, but when came the time to find a toque for Coco, I couldn't seem to decide between sizes. And of course, the toque I had brought was the one that fits me to a T.

So yes. I grabbed the new toque in two sizes, found a mirror, tried on Coco's toque and then sucessively tried on the other one in the two sizes, so I could figure out which fit the most like the old one.

No comments: