Friday, January 25, 2002

Advice from a friend to another : if you get the chance, do not, I repeat, do not go and see The count of Monte-Cristo !!! Read the book instead. The movie doesn't measure up in any way to the book. Honest.
I was laughing through the whole movie. So ridiculous. So cliché.
They changed the whole story, Fernand and Edmond are friends, Edmond's father hangs himself and Edmond's revenge is way too simple.
And he buys the Château d'If at the end ! How stupid is that ???
And the way he talks to Villefort : "By the way, I was just wondering, why did you tell Mercedes Edmond Dantès was dead 16 years ago ?"
Une vraie comédie.
There was another thing - concerning Albert - that gave me a good laugh too, but I don't wanna spoil it for those who might wanna see the movie.

I'll have to re-read the book now though. 'Cuz watching the movie reminded me of all they didn't put in it, and how awesome the real story is. Do read the book, it's the best story ever.

Other than that, I really really hate school.

Oh, et François, peu importe quand tu liras ça : c'est quoi ce cossin-là que tu as mis comme homepage dans mon guestbook ? Ça me trouble !

No comments: