Wednesday, March 27, 2002

It's all about controlling things.
It's all about this idea that people put into your head as you're growing up, this idea that "you can if you want to."
Do they have any idea what effect that thinking can have ?

I'm sorry, people, but it doesn't work that way. No matter how bad you want something, it doesn't mean you'll get it. You can try as hard as you can, but there are no guarantees. Ever.

We're all said that all our lives. But it's not true.
And I hate feeling helpless.
After all, I'm strong, I'm intelligent, I can do anything.

But I can't do a thing against machines. If my car is gonna die on me in the middle of the street, it doesn't matter what I do. A machine can very well win against me.
But I can't do a thing against people. I can't change them, I can't make them do what I want them to, I can't turn them into what I think they should be.
But I can't do a thing against destiny. Remember that guy during the huge icestorm in '98 that stared at me all the time ? I never saw him again. I don't even know who he is.
But I can't do a thing against myself.

Then tell me what's left ? What can I control ? What can I do if I want to ?
Nothing, nothing, nothing.

No comments: