Sunday, March 17, 2002

I've looked for who I am in the images the others have of me. And I didn't find it.

Instead I saw images of me being perfect, I saw images of me being a nice, quiet little girl, and I saw images of me being scary. I saw a ton of different images of myself in everyone, some I couldn't even understand, and I probably missed some images that I didn't realize were of me, because they were so far away from who I am deep down.

And then I understood.
I do not impose an image of me to others. They are the ones who create it. And their behavior towards me is according to that image.

I get admiration, I get jealousy, I get possessivity, I get confidence, I get love, I get looks, I get loud shouts, I get laughs and I get quiet, gentle tones.

And it's not my fault.

But if I have to make it clear : I am not a shy, quiet little girl. And I am not a leader. And I am not a confident girl. And I am not perfect. And I am not a happiness-filled girl.
I'm not great or anything. I'm just like you. I don't deserve you treating me any differently because you decided I'm special.

No comments: