Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Hello,
I am writing to tell you how I've experienced your software.
I never intended to download Comet Cursors. I am not interested in getting
your cursors. You still have the right to promote your product and try to
interest me in it, but I should not lose my right to refuse to get it.
And you do not respect that right when you manage to get your program to
install itself without prompting me everytime I go to a page using Comet
Cursors. I do not want your program. I don't want it on my computer. There
used to be an alert asking me politely whether or not I wanted to install
your software. But I guess one gets tired of following the rules, right
?
It wouldn't be that bad if your software didn't install so many spyware
components on one's computer as well.
12 of them, exactly, after running Ad-Aware.
Now do I need to tell you how unrespectful that is ?
There is probably this long, boring text to say you agree with when one
installs your software, as there always is when installing any other program.
And somewhere in it is probably some subtle word about the spyware. And
then it's not your problem because people have agreed when they've installed
comet Cursors. Cheap shot, still unrespectful, but everybody does it.
BUT I did NOT agree to this Comet Cursors self-installement on my computer.
And I wasn't asked whether or not it bothered me to have all those spyware
components on my computer.
I think I have made my point clear. I do not appreciate self-installing
software. And I do not respect those who don't respect me.
Think about it.


*relieved sigh*
Totally useless, but oh so self-satisfying.
Still have no idea how to keep this damn program from installing itself on its own, but I feel a thousand times better.

#1 : Please note the absence of any vulgarity in this message. I am really proud of myself.
#2 : Sometimes I wish I were more fluent in English... Would probably help in cases like this when I'm trying to make an impression or something.

No comments: