Saturday, June 08, 2002

Details I keep forgetting to post :

A. I was talking to that lady from Thailand who works with me, last week. Thing is, I don't speak a word of Thai, and she barely speaks French, so we communicated in English - and let me tell you I never wanna go to Thailand, because if they all speak English with that accent, it's gonna be hell ! Anyway, and this other girl listened to us for a while and asked me how come I spoke English.
Do you know what I told her ?
That I had English family.
Which, technically, is true. I have two uncles who married English women. It's simply a detail that I never got to meet either of them before two years ago.
What's "funny" isn't that I told her that - that's what I always say when someone asks me. What's funny is that it came out totally naturally. With not even a "hum" or a "well".
So yeah. Some kind of liar I am, right ?
Why I lie about it ?
Because although it always flatters when I'm told that I speak English very well, I don't feel I deserve the compliments. It's not as if I'd worked my ass off trying to get it. And I'm not that good anyway.

B. I hate being analyzed by people who don't know me.
Okay, maybe we have known each other for, wow, 14 years now (god, this is actually something scary to think about. I've known the guy for the biggest part of my life. My God. Just kill me now.). But althought we hung out a lot together as children, we don't anymore. We talk to each other maybe once a year - and that's fine with me. I do not pretend to know him - but of course, he knows me inside and out, right ? Maybe it's just a guy thing. Anyway.
My friends don't live over here. I don't like people from here. Therefore I don't go out with my friends here. That doesn't mean I never go out.
"Well, you always seemed to me like the kind of calm girl..."
*coughs* *coughs* Yeah, right.
"... who doesn't like to go out..."
Okay, after assuming I never go out because you don't see me around here, who the foodlidoo told you I didn't like to ?
"... what do you do on your Saturday nights ? go online ?"
Okay, first, I do go out. Not a lot since I'm trying to make money and not spend too much of it and because when your friends all work and live pretty far away, it's not easy to organize, but I do. And I think it's nice once in a while.
And even if I didn't like to go out - where would be the wrong in that ? Going out - as opposed to spending your nights online. Being cool - as opposed to being a loser. Come on. That categorizing thing is for schoolkids. I mean _come_ _on_.
"So, how's your love life ?"
I didn't answer that one. Because that's the same question everytime, and I'm damn tired of this !
"Come on, Quartz, I'm only asking you if you have a boyfriend !"
- First, no, that's not what you asked, second, if I say yes, you're gonna ask for details, and if I say no, you're gonna start going on and on about how uncool I am opposed to you.
- What ?
- I remember last time, and how at age 18, *you* had your own car, and how *you* had had a ton of girlfriends.
- At age 18 ? I didn't have a car. And I hadn't had that many girlfriends.
Well, won't you look at that. Obviously, you lied at least one time.
Fact remains, I have nothing to learn from you.

And I really don't care if you read this or not. I'll actually say this again to make sure you get it : I don't like being judged by other standards than my own. You might prefer yours, but my life is according to my standards, thank you very much. Deal.

C. Mr and Mrs (okay, this week's quiz : how do you spell Mrs entirely ? I mean, I can spell Mr (mister), but Mrs, I'm not even sure you can actually spell it any other way !) New Job came to the restaurant this week - it's the third week in a row that they, I'm starting to think they might've always done so ever since I started working there - almost 2 years - and I never noticed them. More : they never noticed me. And now suddenly I become "dynamic" and they wanna hire me. Weird.
Anyways, so they said they were gonna call me this week.

D. J'ai toujours détesté la chanson du Croque-Note Show. Détesté. Ça m'énervait pour mourir, au moins autant, sinon plus, que la musique des NKOTB, quand j'étais jeune (ça paraît pas, mais je suis vraiment fière d'avoir été peut-être la seule petite fille au Québec qui les haïssait pour mourir !). Même le show, je le trouvais plate. Et quand la chanson partait, bâtard que je la trouvais longue, et que j'avais hâte qu'elle finisse !
Et bien sûr je l'ai downloadée. Je l'haï beaucoup moins, mais je me force quand même à l'écouter.
J'ai une âme de masochiste, je crois.

E. My boss is getting on my nerves again. I've launched the "Show him what the line is" Operation again - and if we remember well, last time I did that was last, um, December or so, and I ended up hitting him on the top of the head !!!
Anyways. It's not actual sexual harassment, but when it gets on my nerves, it's enough to let him know the line's been crossed.

F. I think I'm an antithesis all by myself.
Take the guy I talked about earlier, the one I never talked to before this afternoon.
I'm anti social. I don't talk to people, I'm actually terrified of people. I mean, for God's sake, people bite ! People are evil. They're killers.
So I jokingly insulted the guy, he was shocked (probably the only fact that I could actually talk was enough to put him into a state of shock), and when I left the restaurant, we were basically friends.
I'm anti social, but I'm very social at the same time.
No, I'm not an antithesis - I'm just weird. Or fucked up, as you wish.

G. See, Rob, I got to G, and I actually have a G. Hmm, okay, wait. Did that come out right ?
Anyways, my mother made fun of me tonight and told me I had OCD. Considering the time I spent joking with it just here, it's really frigtening !

H. I'm just making an H to make fun of Rob.
You're lucky I'm getting offline now. Because you seemed to be destined to be tonight's victim. :)

No comments: