Thursday, May 29, 2003

I am OUTRAGED !!!!

I just got back from the dentist's. It cost 105$ just for a regular cleaning. At least I was expecting it but...

I talked to them about my damn wisdom tooth, and they x-rayed all four of them (boy do I hate x-rays) to see what was going on. Apparently all four of them started growing out, but only my lower left is starting to show - which is of course why my twisted out gum hurts. The upper teeth aren't causing trouble yet, they haven't moved a lot yet, but both lower teeth needed examination and the dentist decided to take both of them out because there's no place for them. (which I could've told her myself, especially after realizing there was hardly enough room in my mouth to put in the damn x-ray thingy)

SO they're taking it out as soon as possible - which will be on July 10th, at 9 o'clock in the morning - before the roots grow down to the nerve. As I was explained, if they get there, the extraction could cause a trauma to the nerve, which would cause my jaw to go numb for about a month, or possibly forever - but in my case it's not very likely.

The first nice part of this is that for now I'm working 4 days a week and I won't take any vacation this summer. This meaning that I'll go to work with my lower FACE all swollen. How nice. But I guess it's gonna be an entertaining time for all the guys at the back who'll make fun of me.

The other nice part is the cost. They gave us an estimate, and it could add up to a maximum of 458$. FOR TWO GODDAMN TEETH !!!! Over 200$ for each tooth ! And as it is a two-hour appointment, it's actually paying somebody over 200$ an hour !!!!
My pay for last week was 160$. So if I keep all the money I'll make until July 10th, I'll have earned the extraction. Anyways.

Oh. Another interesting perspective : I'll also be all swollen on my birthday.

Anyways. I have two phone calls to make now.

I think we can sum this all up with ::happy:: ::happy:: ::joy:: ::joy::

No comments: