Thursday, June 26, 2003

You know, to my mother, everything I do is amazing, but it's never amazing enough. But at least it's amazing.

You know the kind of people to whom whatever you will ever do will never be good enough ? Because that's not the way THEY would do it and their way is the only good one, and there's no way they could be an equally good one ? The kind of people who will only remember and take into consideration what agrees with their point of view ? For example, they'll think you can do nothing on your own because you won't touch a spider, but they'll forget you fuckin' lived on your own for a damn month in Western Canada.

Well that's the kind of people I have as parents-in-law. I'm pretty sure that's not a word, but I trust Rob to correct me. :)

I mean for CRYING OUT LOUD !!!!!
Once I went there when Peanut and I had been together for about a month or two, and we played Tuck, and I teased them a little, I was just trying not to stay in my damn corner all night - but they didn't like it and his father, a grown adult, ignored me for weeks after that. Fine then, I'll remain the shy, calm girl and shut up. Now they're saying I can't do nothing by myself because Peanut cooks for me when I come over, and because I don't help them set the table, and because after a year I shouldn't be shy anymore. I'VE HAD MY FUCKING SHARE OF PEOPLE WHO ARE NEVER SATISFIED WITH WHAT I SAY OR DO OR THINK OR LOOK LIKE OR DRINK OR EAT OR WALK OR HOW I DRESS OR BREATHE THE AIR I HAVE THE NERVE TO BREATHE IN THEIR HOUSE !!!!! And it took me a hell of a while, but I've stopped giving a damn about that kind of people, because I don't owe them anything, and if I want somebody to be never satisfied about me, I'll do that job on my own because I can be my own self-critic if I need to, thank you very much, okay ?

So now they come over at his grandmother's, where Peanut is living at the moment, and I follow him when he goes to his room, and yes, I totally agree that I stick to him like glue - but maybe this has something to do with the fact that no matter what I do or say or think or look like or eat or drink or walk or how I dress or breathe the air I shouldn't be entitled to breathe, I know they're gonna talk behind my back about it later. Maybe that doesn't make me wanna hang around with them too much.

The best part is yet to come : his grandmother will be gone for 5 weeks during the summer, I don't even know when. And they're gonna come over unannounced, just to check what he's doing. I won't be allowed to be there more than 3 days a week and now watch us go to the nearby park or rollerskating or just walking OUTSIDE and watch my feet NOT TOUCH THE DAMN FLOOR OF THE DAMN HOUSE SO THEY CAN'T FUCKING SAY A THING. Oh, and they'll also make sure he's not scratching the counters and everything, because his grandmother is afraid he will. Let me remind you this is the same grandmother who complained that he was always the one cooking for me. Let me also remind you he's fucking 19.

Yesterday I officially disliked them. Today I officially hate them.
His mother still wants to see us both together. She better not mess with me, because she's now part of those people I know I can never be good enough to, ie I really don't give a damn about her anymore. So I will tell her exactly what I think, and probably also tell her that she can talk about it behind my back to everybody all she wants now, BECAUSE I'M THROUGH TRYING !!!! I never asked them to like me, but I'm not one to be hypocritical and pretend to be nice. I am so never going to their place again ? I so never want her calling here ever again ? I said it many times, but I can be a real bitch too. And if your two sons want to get the hell out of your house, I think you just might be the freaks of the story.

*steps off soapbox*

Thank you.

No comments: