Friday, October 24, 2003

A newcomer to Quartz's Hall of Shame


Last weekend, I was shopping with my boyfriend. We were looking around in some decoration boutique, and we kind of listened to the radio at the same time.

The DJ started talking about John Travolta.
He said the guy was apparently very naive, and to support his point, he told the following story.

Some guys had apparently convinced Travolta to buy a boat made out of Ivory soap. They said that the boat would have to be completely unsinkable as Ivory soap floats.
So Travolta bought the boat and went to see with it, and of course, the boat did not sink - but it melted.

My boyfriend and I couldn't believe what we were hearing. And nobody else seemed to talk about it.

You know why ?

I'm over at my parents' right now, maybe until tomorrow morning - annoying car story, maybe later - and this morning I read a magazine my mother bought. In this magazine, there's a Humor page, filled with made-up articles about some celebrities.
And that Ivory boat story is in there.

The DJ actually believed that story !!!!! Enough to tell it on the air ? Is that not the most shameful thing of all time ???

No comments: